Great to see such a game is still in development! It looks very cool.
Join and Undermine
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
JOIN AND UNDERMINE is my entry for Wizard Jam 6. It's named after episode 26 of the Important If True podcast.
The subtitle is "Always support the Danger Layer" - the title of episode 86 of the Idle Thumbs podcast.
Here's what you can do:
- run around, jump, do cool wall-slides and hops
- mine blocks using your rad laser
- pick up minerals you've mined from the blocks
- deposit the minerals in the base at the surface
- spend your collected goods on upgrades
- encounter the Danger Layer and potentially get crushed by falling blocks
- get stuck underground and never get back to the surface
About that last point: You can sacrifice your inventory's contents and teleport back to the surface by holding T for a bit. If you mined out all the blocks around your base's entrance though...well, don't do that.
Also: There's no goal right now, no end state. Just play until you get bored.
- Update 1 - Showcase WeekendJan 05, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks! I'd like to revisit it sometime but for now development is pretty much on indefinite hiatus.
Hey! This looks like an awesome game! Just a quick question:
I've put together this extensive and possibly unnecessary directory of different game genres to sort games into and I'm trying to thing...what genre is this really? Alright, simulation - what kind?
Totally buying this!